Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Chuy our last child


Just when I thought this week was going to be mellow.........Chuy goes missing! I am with the kids Jacob is out looking then I hear my Dad's voice up the Hill. He is here, my Mom, and Auntie Annie. They are on the hiking trails going door to door, a real rescue team. Now its been about 3 hours since we saw him and I am a wreck. I didn't realize how much I am attached to the dog and Jaxons little face.....all I could picture is Jaxon loosing his best friend. Even our neighbors Doug and Nicole (who just recently got a dog) got in there car and went looking and Joseph across the street was part of the search and rescue. Keep in mind as all this is going on Jacob, finds some other lost dog puts him in the yard and calls his owner. As we are waiting for his owner the dog escapes from the slope fence and Jacob is forced to jump the fence and bring the dog back. "Gismo's" owner came and was very thankful. Finally about 7 its starting to get dark and I keep thinking Chuy is going to be a appetizer for the coyotes. Next thing you know Jacob walks in with Chuy. He found him in someones yard. We got our dog back.....Thank you thank you thank you to the rescue team and to my Hero... Its funny Jacob said last night that he likes Chuy so much more now. I went from not wanting a dog to falling madly in love with Chuy. I have learned my lesson and we really need to secure our yard better. I know he is just a dog but boy am I glad he is home.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Glad you got your dog back! Just ask my mom - she'll tell you 'pets are just heartbreak'. Ah, so true. But I am a sucker for them. that story kind of reminds me of when our goat escaped down Barnard and tim had to carry her home. good times, noodle salad.

tara

Anonymous said...

wow im glad you have chuy back home!!!! yep you need to secure the backyard, cant get lucky more than once, you know what your "hero: deserves.... ;) i love chuy too!!!